How do I create a new Charge item?Support Home
Let's say you have a registration fee, late fee, or other type of charge item that you want to offer. Or, let's say you need to designate a charge as something other than the system default, which is a miscellaneous charge. How do you set them up?
Follow the steps below:
Click on My Company
Click on the Items tab and click the blue plus in the top right next the Charge Items
Name it whatever you'd like and click "SAVE".
- "Name" - The charge item name (the name can be two lines).
- "Payment fee" - Use this setting if you are creating a fee that needs to be charged on every single transaction through Enrollsy (e.g. "Convenience Fee" of 2% on credit card payments or "Sales Tax" of 6.85% on every payment).
- "Default price" - The default price of the charge item. If this is the type of thing that needs to have a variable price depending on the program or situation, set this to $0.00.
- "Recurring" - If this charge item is an add on to tuition and should recur with Auto-Billing events, then use this setting.
- "Enroll Form" - If this charge item should be an option from the enroll form (e.g. "Registration Fee"), you will use this setting.
- NOTE: There is a lot going on with these settings and in some cases, you might be unsure how to set up your new fee. If this is the case, click here to learn how to contact Enrollsy support and we can point you in the right direction.